For the convenience of assessment of patient and administration of treatment we are staging the MS as:
Anim pariatur cliche reprehenderit, enim eiusmod high life accusamus terry richardson ad squid. 3 wolf moon officia aute, non cupidatat skateboard dolor brunch. Food truck quinoa nesciunt laborum eiusmod. Brunch 3 wolf moon tempor, sunt aliqua put a bird on it squid single-origin coffee nulla assumenda shoreditch et. Nihil anim keffiyeh helvetica, craft beer labore wes anderson cred nesciunt sapiente ea proident. Ad vegan excepteur butcher vice lomo. Leggings occaecat craft beer farm-to-table, raw denim aesthetic synth nesciunt you probably haven't heard of them accusamus labore sustainable VHS.
We can talk about 3 stages:
a) Stage of total Recovery:
Complete recovery from MS without leaving any residual symptoms. This is possible in initially diagnosed patients without having serious symptoms like walking debility or incontinence etc, who are having fewer lesions in brain, where the spine is not affected or not having massive lesions in spinal cord. EDSS 1 – 3.5 (For more info read staging of MS according to PAMS).
Expected results after 3 years PAMS
1. Improvements in symptoms like walking distance, vision, balance etc. 2. No decline in physical capability or any neurological functions. 3. Stopping the progression of the disease. 4. NO appearance of new symptoms. 5. MRI – DIS and DIT are controlled which means appearance of no new lesions, disappearance of lesions (in 25% cases) or the lesions being non-active.
b) Stage of improvement and stability
Here patients between EDSS 4 - 6.00 are considered. Those who are able to walk without help but with difficulties, who needs walking aid and who have problem in balancing, bowel and bladder control, or vision, or fine motoric symptoms, or extreme fatigue, etc. (For more info read staging of MS according to PAMS)
Stabilisation of MS & Improvement of MS symptoms.
Stage of Prevention – Preventing the progression of disease.
c) Stage of Management
For Patients above EDSS 6.5, progression can be slowed down with continuous therapies and PAMS herbal medications.
MS is a curable disease if treated at the beginning stage. To reach to that state the patient needs to give sufficient time for the treatment as recommended, and the patient needs to follow all advices given to them and apply all the new things learned during the stay by us regarding taking the medicine, the lifestyle, food intake, sleep, and so on. See the question above.
It is essential to bring the recent MRI (within 3 months before starting the treatment) and other relevant documents like: perimetry test for vision disturbance, Vitamin B12 and B3 deficiency, etc. It is possible to do the MRI near to our hospital as well. Try to take a 3T MRI and to ask the radiologist to give the measurements of spinal lesions and prominence brain lesions. Please bring the CD, a translated report if it is not in English and a paper copy of the MRI film which could be taken during MRI scanning.
- (Very important) MRI film or CD and reports from the neurologist, radiologist (translated in English) where it is shown how many lesions are present, its location and all the other details. The best would be to ask after doing the MRI for a copy of the film on a printed paper (where it shows the problems). We recommend to take MRIs after every year of treatment so that we can keep an overview on the progression of the disease, and the treatment time can be adjusted accordingly and to take a fresh MRI before starting with our treatment. If you don’t manage to make it in your country there is a good possibility to do it here in a private hospital (having a very high standard with reasonable prices. The technique used is advanced accordingly to European standard). The price would be around 350 euro for the brain and spine with contrast.
-flash lights or torchlight
- 2 thermos of 500 ml and one 1 lit capacity flasks for keeping your individual decoction warm.
- Your laptop in case it is a small one (or Ipad). Otherwise you are allowed to use our computer.
- One pair of slippers to be used during treatment (which can get oily) and one pair to walk. Some like to feel the earth and walk barefoot.
- I Pad or MP3 if you want to hear some nice, soothing and relaxing music.
- Your favorite book (no thrillers) if you like reading your own book (short time per day)
- Your photo camera: If you want to click pictures of the serene beauty of the center and its surroundings
- Clothes should be simple and comfortable. Do not bring expensive ones and high quality dresses in white. In winter time, at night it can get a bit colder (20 degree), so long pyjamas are ok. Mosquito nets are provided by wish.
- For women we provide light and long robes for using during the body treatment and they need not bring anything for this purpose. But the men need to bring their own robes or it can be used a towel to be bound around their waist, or short trousers.
- Personal things like nail cutter, comb, shampoos, etc.
- Electrical gadgets from other countries can be connected here, so there is no need to bring additional adaptors.
Please keep some space in your luggage so that when you go home you can take with you 8 – 9 kg of herbs to have enough till the next treatment cycle. Together with that for your return travel back at home you will get a letter with doctor’s signature assuring that the herbs that you are taking are not toxic and are only for medical purposes. This is necessary to get customs clearance.
This form is considered the strongest and the most effective therapy in Ayurveda, called in the ancient texts ''the Queen of therapies'', though it makes sense only if you use high qualitative oils. It accesses directly the Central Nervous System by keeping on the head for certain time (1.5 – 2 hours), and influence the most sensitive and important marma point (energetic center) where the physical and subtle body meet together.
There are no (unwanted) side effects from the treatment or herbs. The choice doctor has to make is to choose the herbs and therapies during the day what bring the fastest and best results. Rarely a patient may get some skin rushes, if they are not used to oil, but it will go within few days. There are no known allergies in Ayurveda. As a by-product of the rejuvenation treatment things like hair growth, disappearance of tinnitus, diabetic under control, regaining hormonal balance by women, mental balance, etc. can happen. During the stay in India a patient may lose a few kilograms of weight, but usually it will be regained back at home. Those who are overweight can keep the same reduced weight by following the Ayurveda rules learned here.
The first draft of G.M.P was formed by W.H.O in 1968 and later it was followed internationally. In India GMP was introduced in 1988 as an amendment to Drug and Cosmetic rule 1945. In India licences for manufacture of Ayurveda drugs are issued only to such units which fulfil the GMP requirements. GMP regulations requires a quality approach to manufacturing of the product and enabling companies to eliminate or at least minimize instances of contamination, mix ups and errors, which in turn protects the consumer from purchasing a product which is not effective or dangerous. The end point quality testing is insufficient to assure the quality of individual medicine. The assessment of quality at each step of manufacturing process therefore becomes an indispensable aspect. Ayurveda medicines have been used since Vedic period for the treatment of mankind and play a very important role in treatment of diseases. The production of medicines has a great role on treatment. The medicines have to be prepared with the good quality raw material and proper procedure for the preparation should be carried out so as to give a standard quality medicine. The good outcome will only be found if standard operative procedure has been followed from collection of raw material till dispensing of the prepared medicines and these have been explained under GMP. The GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) is a set of legal guidelines that have been regulated by WHO (World Health Organization) since 1975. These guidelines aim to ensure that drugs and other pharmaceutical products are safe and effective. Since then, GMP has been considered a seal of quality for pharmaceutical products.
Good Manufacturing Practices have been adopted by many countries worldwide and that includes India which is now the second largest producerof pharmaceutical products in the world. A Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a production and testing practice that helps to ensure a quality product.
The allopathic medication will suppress the immune system and we do exactly the contrary (strengthening it) so it is a matter of time to drop it, but Dr. Prasanth will help with his valuable advice.
PAMS treatment is a complete therapy for Multiple Sclerosis. Patients are normally withdrawing their medication after they have gained trust in our treatment voluntarily. Some of the conventional medications are contradicting PAMS medicines and treatments like immunosuppressant.
PAMS treatment is indicated for 3 times, 50-60 days inpatient therapy and the patient has to take herbal preparations during the whole period. To be precise: 180 days of inpatient treatment and 965 days of medicine. The final decision for the treatment days are decided at the time of consultation. (See under Dr Prasanth’s Ayurveda)
After finishing the 3 cycles of treatments the herbal preparations can be discontinued. Normally these medicines help in rejuvenation, recovering of the nervous system, keeping the digestive system in form, and prevention of diseases. The benefits for taking the herbs are endless and it will be always good to do something more for the health, especially in a time where stress is increased in our daily life, where we ingest toxicity from everywhere. But it is not necessary to continue with our herbal medicines for a very long time. It all depends on the patients how far they want to do more for their health and to keep more on the safe side, especially old aged patients. Normally after 3-4 years of treatment some patients will stop it, some will take only 1—2 powders for longer period of time. As long as all these herbs are still available, we are happy to give it to them.
Yes, of course you can participate in our research program.
The research program is meant for –
1. Finding the specific cause of Multiple Sclerosis in a patient.
2. Study done to evaluate the genetic cause if any and means to protect from transferring to the next generation.
3. Close monitoring and recording of the patient’s Neuro- immune involvement, neuro-psycho analysis, and their solutions with herbs and treatments during the treatment and afterwards until the expected result is attained.
4. MRI’s will be studied in detail for DIS (Dissemination in Space) and
DIT (Dissemination in Time) assessment and for brain volume changes for a better view on the pathology of MS.
As there are no known solution for controlling or curing MS, the PAMS treatment in the last 18 years had shown promising results and numerous patients are living free of MS. This is showing the effect of authentic Ayurveda in a new light. It is a duty for an Ayurveda physician and belonging to a traditional Ayurveda family, to restore the lost wisdom and practice of Ayurveda in our modern time. Such study will eventually help other patients. Those who are participating in the program will be closely monitored during the treatment and next 10 years.
The data of all patients will be used for research purposes. That includes MRI reports, video footages, interviews etc. The name and identity of the person will not be revealed without their written consent.
Ayush Prana foundation is meant to help multiple MS patients who have financial difficulties. As young adults are affected who are having fast progression of the disease where an immediate treatment is required that we choose to help them. Here we give priority for young mothers and children.
10% of our profit share is given for this purpose and we are inviting everybody who could be a part of it. Please visit our web site: www.ayushprana.org
You can come to our clinic at any time where it is possible to meet patients in different stages of their treatment. It is also possible for you to contact other patients after taking their consent. You can feel free to watch our video testimonials on the web site as well.
Most of the relapses could be controlled during the 1st 60 days of PAMS. But certain highly progressive forms of MS may require the 2nd or 3rd treatment too to control further relapses and progression.
Sometimes the patient use to get multiple relapses in a year and also if patient is already having a disease activity when they come to Ayush Prana, in such cases a relapse can happen.
And moreover a minimum of 3 weeks of treatment is required for the medicines effect to get into the system of the patient and to act on the disease progression.
In case you get a milder to moderate relapses it can be managed by our herbal medication. In case the attack is stronger with severe balancing and walking deficit or severe vision disturbance, an immediate admission in the nearby hospital could be required for emergency management like it would be the case in if you would be in your own place.
The treatment protects very well against relapses, and in mostly of the cases the frequency and intensity could be much lower than earlier after starting with the Ayurveda treatment.
It must be understood that as long as the whole pathology in the body is not stopped, and degenerative actions are going on, relapses can come (though mostly in a milder form). The control on the disease can happen often after 3 years course, or more, depending on individual and many other factors (how the patient follows everything correct at home, how much stress they are going through, etc.)
- who are really determinate to change something in their condition in a natural way, by assuming the responsibility for their own health.
- who really want to help themselves with our medicinal, mental & knowledgeable support
- who are willing to follow all the rules and advices given by the doctors
- who can commit to do their ‘’home work’’ during their stay by us and remain involved in the treatment.
- who are ready to integrate the required changes in their life style after finishing the treatment by us.
- who are willing to complete the next 3 cycles of PAMS.
It will be difficult for those:
- who cannot stand by themselves due to the advanced stage of progression.
- who cannot walk at all.
- who have severe pathological mental disturbance.
- who see this option by us as an usual wellness center or holiday without the required seriousness towards this disease. For those who cannot travel due to physical disability can take our herbal medication. Once the patient get improved in the condition they are welcome to come for the treatment. Please register on the page to have an appointment for getting it.
Half of the money needs to be paid before starting with the treatment ((the time when Doctor will mix your own oil), and the other half when the first one is consumed, when you get the final calculation, which can be in the middle of the period till 2 weeks before ending your stay by us.
It can be done: - through online transferred (half of the amount before starting with the treatment, and half in the middle) The exchange and extra bank fees which are involved in that needs to be taken from your side.
Surely you can pay the entire expenses in the begin itself. The days without any treatment (for example resting after coming to our place) will be charged only for stay and food. Once the treatment had started, it will be calculated normally without considering the number of treatments per day (doctor will decide individually whatever is required). When in between there are no treatments done at all due to any reason, those days will not be charged fully: only for food & stay (see price for bystander) &a certain amount extra for the herbs, care and all other services. In case you interrupt the treatment the cancellation fee would be 100 euro per week (if you leave the center for example 2 weeks earlier than planned then the cost would be 200 euro). We are a small center with places limited (we can accommodate only 15 patients at once). A place in Ayush Prana is confirmed when you have booked your flight ticket (after getting the confirmation for it), or when you have paid an amount of 300 euro which will be calculated for the final bill or would serve as cancellation fee in case you don’t come anymore.
Yoga classes will be conducted by our experienced Yoga Master Peter Brose who will be available by us for mostly of the time per year. Dr. Chaitanya is one of our doctors and she also offers therapeutic Yoga in his absence. Even though we support the patients supplementary with program of Yoga this should not be the reason to come to our place. We are not a Yoga center or an ashram but purely Ayurveda hospital specialized on MS practicing in India since 2008, but we wish to put another effective tool in the patient’s hands to be able to do something good at home as well. There will be Yoga class in the morning (with mild postures and breathing exercises) and evening lectures about different subjects of Ayurveda or Yoga. The Yoga sessions will be done considering doctor’s advice for each patient. Yoga program offered to you by possibility is free of charge and it cannot be demanded.
No, we don’t have other branches.
The first day after reaching Ayush Prana will be just for resting and sleeping. Only in the next day late afternoon the treatment as preparation for Shiro Vasti will be done. It is important to get some rest after the travel in order to cope with the therapies. Here are just example versions, for your orientation:
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM Yoga session - 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM one treatment (Shirovasti) and shower - 10:00 AM breakfast - 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM free time (reading, resting, or spending with other patients) - 1:00 PM lunch time - 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM resting time - 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM second treatment and shower - 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Yoga class ((when Yoga teacher available) - 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM dinner - 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM time together with other patients, or by preference alone - 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM meditation and lecture - 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM sleeping time
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM Yoga session - 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM both treatments (Shirovasti + body treatment) and shower - 11:00 AM breakfast - 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM resting time - 2:00 PM lunch time - 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM free time (reading, resting, or spending with other patients) - 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM dinner - 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM meditation and lecture - 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM sleeping time
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM Yoga session - 9:00 AM breakfast - 8:30 AM --10:30 AM rest - 10:30 AM – 12:00 AM body treatment and shower - 12:30 PM lunch time - 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM resting time - 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM shirovasti and shower - 5: 30 PM dinner - 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM time together with other patients, or by preference alone - 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM meditation and lecture - 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM sleeping time
Take food only by hunger.
It is not advisable to travel during an Ayurveda treatment but 1-2 times some patients whom will not be affected that much by the travel, can get the permission from doctor to go out to a nearby city for buying some souvenirs. If you have sufficient days for the treatment and if you really wish to see something from India you can make some sightseeing before starting with the treatment.
Even though there are many unknown causative factors for MS, Dr. Prasanth could find in almost all the patients during hundreds of consultations some common factors listed as follow:
60-70% of Multiple Sclerosis have an immune-neuro-axis, what is triggered by uncontrolled prolonged infections by certain microorganisms, toxicity, immune compromised condition like prolonged childhood infections, and frequent antibiotic intake etc.
In every room it can be entered with the wheelchair (the rooms are spacious enough) and it has a ramp. Inside the bathroom there is NO other support for helping to sit on the toilette or for shower. Normally they can get a chair to sit while taking bath after the treatment. Those patients who cannot manage everything alone in their room will need to bring one or even two bystanders with them.
Ayush Prana is situated at the end of a small village in a silent area with almost no traffic. Still we wish to discourage the expectations of a 100% stillness. It can come to some noise sometimes due to maintaining work of the place, or from the neighbour, or some loud music from the church which is very close by, or temple, or Moshe. It is at the same time a very safe place, without any infractions where tourists or any foreigners are very welcomed by the village people and around. One of the most beautiful thing here is the familiar and relaxed atmosphere and our exceptionally friendly staff.
Humidity in India is pretty high, so please anticipate that in some cases the weather could make you feel a bit uncomfortable in the beginning.
But most patients get adjusted to the climate within a few days.
The temperature in our hospital is always far cooler than outside, because we have a small river in front of us and many trees as well, so, almost everywhere is shadow. From March till June it is summer time with the highest temperature 35 – 40 degrees. From June till end of August is normally monsoon time when it will be raining many hours per day but without coldness. From September to March the temperatures are very comfortable during the day (25-30 degrees) and a bit cooler during the nights. The temperature variation is minimal from the coldest weather till the hottest, so mostly of the time sunshine weather is brightening our days and the mood.