The basic and minimum treatment duration is for 50-60 days. 60 days is the optimum one what doctor suggests. If the patient did not get sufficient leave from the work then 45 days of intense treatment could be tried. If the disease is advanced with severe symptoms and extensive lesions in brain and spine then more treatment days are required. But finally, the precise treatment duration could be assessed after direct or online consultation.
We can talk about 3 stages:
a) Stage of total Recovery:
Complete recovery from MS without leaving any residual symptoms. This is possible in initially diagnosed patients without having serious symptoms like walking debility or incontinence etc, who are having fewer lesions in brain, where the spine is not affected or not having massive lesions in spinal cord. EDSS 1 – 3.5 (For more info read staging of MS according to PAMS).
Expected results after 3 years PAMS
1. Improvements in symptoms like walking distance, vision, balance etc. 2. No decline in physical capability or any neurological functions. 3. Stopping the progression of the disease. 4. NO appearance of new symptoms. 5. MRI – DIS and DIT are controlled which means appearance of no new lesions, disappearance of lesions (in 25% cases) or the lesions being non-active.
b) Stage of improvement and stability
Here patients between EDSS 4 - 6.00 are considered. Those who are able to walk without help but with difficulties, who needs walking aid and who have problem in balancing, bowel and bladder control, or vision, or fine motoric symptoms, or extreme fatigue, etc. (For more info read staging of MS according to PAMS)
Stabilisation of MS & Improvement of MS symptoms.
Stage of Prevention – Preventing the progression of disease.
c) Stage of Management
For Patients above EDSS 6.5, progression can be slowed down with continuous therapies and PAMS herbal medications.
MS is a curable disease if treated at the beginning stage. To reach to that state the patient needs to give sufficient time for the treatment as recommended, and the patient needs to follow all advices given to them and apply all the new things learned during the stay by us regarding taking the medicine, the lifestyle, food intake, sleep, and so on.
It is essential to bring the recent MRI (within 3 months before starting the treatment) and other relevant documents like: perimetry test for vision disturbance, Vitamin B12 and B3 deficiency, VEP,nerve conduction test etc. Expected expence will be 200 Euro (as per 2019). Since given institution is affliated to us,they will give a research oriented MRI reports which is otherwise difficult to get.(PAMS recommended).
- (Very important) MRI film or CD and reports from the neurologist, radiologist (translated in English) where it is shown how many lesions are present, its location and all the other details. The best would be to ask after doing the MRI for a copy of the film on a printed paper (where it shows the problems). We recommend to take MRIs after every year of treatment so that we can keep an overview on the progression of the disease, and the treatment time can be adjusted accordingly and to take a fresh MRI before starting with our treatment. If you don’t manage to make it in your country there is a good possibility to do it here in a private hospital (having a very high standard with reasonable prices. The technique used is advanced accordingly to European standard). The price would be around 350 euro for the brain and spine with contrast.
-flash lights or torchlight
- 2 thermos of 500 ml and one 1 lit capacity flasks for keeping your individual decoction warm.
- Your laptop in case it is a small one (or Ipad). Otherwise you are allowed to use our computer.
- One pair of slippers to be used during treatment (which can get oily) and one pair to walk. Some like to feel the earth and walk barefoot.
- I Pad or MP3 if you want to hear some nice, soothing and relaxing music.
- Your favorite book (no thrillers) if you like reading your own book (short time per day)
- Your photo camera: If you want to click pictures of the serene beauty of the center and its surroundings
- Clothes should be simple and comfortable. Do not bring expensive ones and high quality dresses in white. In winter time, at night it can get a bit colder (20 degree), so long pyjamas are ok. Mosquito nets are provided by wish.
- For women we provide light and long robes for using during the body treatment and they need not bring anything for this purpose. But the men need to bring their own robes or it can be used a towel to be bound around their waist, or short trousers.
- Personal things like nail cutter, comb, shampoos, etc.
- Electrical gadgets from other countries can be connected here, so there is no need to bring additional adaptors.
Please keep some space in your luggage so that when you go home you can take with you 8 – 9 kg of herbs to have enough till the next treatment cycle. Together with that for your return travel back at home you will get a letter with doctor’s signature assuring that the herbs that you are taking are not toxic and are only for medical purposes. This is necessary to get customs clearance.
The first draft of G.M.P was formed by W.H.O in 1968 and later it was followed internationally. In India GMP was introduced in 1988 as an amendment to Drug and Cosmetic rule 1945. In India licences for manufacture of Ayurveda drugs are issued only to such units which fulfil the GMP requirements. GMP regulations requires a quality approach to manufacturing of the product and enabling companies to eliminate or at least minimize instances of contamination, mix ups and errors, which in turn protects the consumer from purchasing a product which is not effective or dangerous. The end point quality testing is insufficient to assure the quality of individual medicine. The assessment of quality at each step of manufacturing process therefore becomes an indispensable aspect. Ayurveda medicines have been used since Vedic period for the treatment of mankind and play a very important role in treatment of diseases. The production of medicines has a great role on treatment. The medicines have to be prepared with the good quality raw material and proper procedure for the preparation should be carried out so as to give a standard quality medicine. The good outcome will only be found if standard operative procedure has been followed from collection of raw material till dispensing of the prepared medicines and these have been explained under GMP. The GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) is a set of legal guidelines that have been regulated by WHO (World Health Organization) since 1975. These guidelines aim to ensure that drugs and other pharmaceutical products are safe and effective. Since then, GMP has been considered a seal of quality for pharmaceutical products.
Good Manufacturing Practices have been adopted by many countries worldwide and that includes India which is now the second largest producerof pharmaceutical products in the world. A Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a production and testing practice that helps to ensure a quality product.
PAMS treatment is indicated for 3 times, 60 days inpatient therapy and the patient has to take herbal preparations during the whole period. To be precise: 180 days of inpatient treatment and 965 days of medicine. The final decision for the treatment days are decided at the time of consultation. diseases. These medicines can be taken for long term as it is having several other benefits. Some patients prefer to continue some medicines as they are not having side effects.
PAMS treatment is indicated for 3 times, 50-60 days inpatient therapy and the patient has to take herbal preparations during the whole period. To be precise: 180 days of inpatient treatment and 965 days of medicine. The final decision for the treatment days are decided at the time of consultation. (See under Dr Prasanth’s Ayurveda)
After finishing the 3 cycles of treatments the herbal preparations can be discontinued. Normally these medicines help in rejuvenation, recovering of the nervous system, keeping the digestive system in form, and prevention of diseases.
This is a research institute. So all patient data are taken in detail so that in future we can find a lasting solution for the cure of MS. So everybody is invited to participate in the programme to find the solution for MS. So all our patients are included in the research programme. Kindly cooperate with it.
You can come to our clinic at any time where it is possible to meet patients in different stages of their treatment. It is also possible for you to contact other patients after taking their consent. You can feel free to watch our video testimonials on the web site as well.
Most of the relapses could be controlled during the 1st 60 days of PAMS. But certain highly progressive forms of MS may require the 2nd or 3rd treatment too to control further relapses and progression.
Sometimes the patient uses to get multiple relapses in a year and also if the patient is already having a disease activity when they come to Ayush Prana, in such cases a relapse can happen.
And moreover, a minimum of 3 weeks of treatment is required for the medicine's effect to get into the system of the patient and to act on the disease progression.
In case you get a milder to moderate relapses it can be managed by our herbal medication. In case the attack is stronger emergency management can be done with corticosteroids.
MS requires strong treatment as well as radical changes in life style that includes diet changes ,activities etc. during treatment days in ayush prana these lifestyle changes have to be followed throughout the treatment time and specifically during inpatient periodi .e,when the patient is admitted. A prescribed lifestyle is explained or given to you is strictly followed.
It is so important that the gross improvement will happen only with these pathya.(the prescribed lifestyle during treatment.). if it is not followed thoroughly then there can be complications during or after the treatment. If a patient is not following the rules exactly we will remind you often about it and in intense cases the changes are not followed ,then letter of warning will be served to you. Also, who are willing to complete the full course of treatment can stay here.( refer for online consultation)
It will be difficult for those:
- who cannot stand by themselves due to the advanced stage of progression.
- who cannot walk at all.
- who have severe pathological mental disturbance.
- who see this option by us as an usual wellness center or holiday without the required seriousness towards this disease. For those who cannot travel due to physical disability can take our herbal medication. Once the patient get improved in the condition they are welcome to come for the treatment. Please register on the page to have an appointment for getting it.
Half of the money needs to be paid before starting with the treatment ((the time when Doctor will mix your own oil), and the other half when the first one is consumed, when you get the final calculation, which can be in the middle of the period till 2 weeks before ending your stay by us.
It can be done: - through online transferred (half of the amount before starting with the treatment, and half in the middle) The exchange and extra bank fees which are involved in that needs to be taken from your side.
Surely you can pay the entire expenses in the begin itself. The days without any treatment (for example resting after coming to our place) will be charged only for stay and food. Once the treatment had started, it will be calculated normally without considering the number of treatments per day (doctor will decide individually whatever is required). When in between there are no treatments done at all due to any reason, those days will not be charged fully: only for food & stay (see price for bystander) &a certain amount extra for the herbs, care and all other services. In case you interrupt the treatment the cancellation fee would be 100 euro per week (if you leave the center for example 2 weeks earlier than planned then the cost would be 200 euro). We are a small center with places limited (we can accommodate only 15 patients at once). A place in Ayush Prana is confirmed when you have booked your flight ticket (after getting the confirmation for it), or when you have paid an amount of 300 euro which will be calculated for the final bill or would serve as cancellation fee in case you don’t come anymore.
No, we don’t have other branches.
The first day after reaching Ayush Prana will be just for resting and sleeping. Only in the next day late afternoon the treatment as preparation for Shiro Vasti will be done. It is important to get some rest after the travel in order to cope with the therapies. Here are just example versions, for your orientation:
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM Yoga session - 7:30 AM – 9:30 AM one treatment (Shirovasti) and shower - 10:00 AM breakfast - 10:30 AM – 1:00 PM free time (reading, resting, or spending with other patients) - 1:00 PM lunch time - 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM resting time - 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM second treatment and shower - 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Yoga class ((when Yoga teacher available) - 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM dinner - 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM time together with other patients, or by preference alone - 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM meditation and lecture - 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM sleeping time
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM Yoga session - 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM both treatments (Shirovasti + body treatment) and shower - 11:00 AM breakfast - 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM resting time - 2:00 PM lunch time - 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM free time (reading, resting, or spending with other patients) - 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM dinner - 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM meditation and lecture - 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM sleeping time
- 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM Yoga session - 9:00 AM breakfast - 8:30 AM --10:30 AM rest - 10:30 AM – 12:00 AM body treatment and shower - 12:30 PM lunch time - 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM resting time - 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM shirovasti and shower - 5: 30 PM dinner - 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM time together with other patients, or by preference alone - 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM meditation and lecture - 9:00 PM – 9:30 PM sleeping time
It is not advisable to travel during Ayurveda treatment. More or less total rest has to be taken but as it isa long therapy when the patient’s condition is stabilized one can take doctor’s concern and can go for small travel or small sightseeing around the place. There are few beautiful locations one can visit.
Even though there are many unknown causative factors for MS, Dr. Prasanth could find in almost all the patients during hundreds of consultations some common factors listed as follow:
60-70% of Multiple Sclerosis have an immune-neuro-axis, what is triggered by uncontrolled prolonged infections by certain microorganisms, toxicity, immune compromised condition like prolonged childhood infections, and frequent antibiotic intake etc.
We have rooms which can be used for the disabled patients. Few of our ground floor rooms are having ramp for the wheel chair & even the room & bathroom are spacious enough.
Ayush Prana is situated at the end of a small village in a silent area with almost no traffic. Still we wish to discourage the expectations of a 100% stillness. It can come to some noise sometimes due to maintaining work of the place, or from the neighbour, or some loud music from the church which is very close by, or Temple, or Mosque. It is at the same time a very safe place, without any infractions where tourists or any foreigners are very welcomed by the village people and around. One of the most beautiful thing here is the familiar and relaxed atmosphere and our exceptionally friendly staff.
Humidity in India is pretty high, so please anticipate that in some cases the weather could make you feel a bit uncomfortable in the beginning.
But most patients get adjusted to the climate within a few days.
The temperature in our hospital is always far cooler than outside, because we have a small river in front of us and many trees as well, so, almost everywhere is shadow. From March till June it is summer time with the highest temperature 35 – 40 degrees. From June till end of August is normally monsoon time when it will be raining many hours per day but without coldness. From September to March the temperatures are very comfortable during the day (25-30 degrees) and a bit cooler during the nights. The temperature variation is minimal from the coldest weather till the hottest, so mostly of the time sunshine weather is brightening our days and the mood.